If I did not ovulate will I get my period or not?? Confused

Okay might sound like a stupid question but here it goes.. I chart my temps every day and I did not see an ovulation pattern last month but I got my period. This month the same and im 5-6 days late and still no period. So my question is.... If a woman does not ovulate will she still get a period? I just want to make sure.. Pregnancy tests are negative and I usually ovulate between CD 18-21..

Barbara144

Asked by Barbara144 at 12:48 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I think you would get a period. Only because your uterine lining begins building up before ovulation so that the egg has somewhere to implant
    Anonymous

• I would think you should get a period, since you've been getting one. If you hadn't had one due to BFing or BC, you may not without ovulating.
    Juniper53098

Answer by Juniper53098 at 12:53 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Nope... Im never this late and I always get one unless Im pregnant... Im not Breastfeeding haven't since 3 yrs ago.. Im just confused.. I was charting and on CD 23 I stopped cause I never ovulated but it's possible that I ovulated late and I could indeed be prego or maybe im not late since I Ovulated late.. Thing is I don't know and I checked my temp yesterday morning and it was 97.5 and this morning it was 98.0. Im just worried and I don't want to get exited.. lol
    Barbara144

Answer by Barbara144 at 1:02 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• yes because your uterus still needs to shed that lining. this is what the pill does. it stops ovulation.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 2:16 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• It's called anovulatory bleeding. I'm not sure I spelled that right (don't have my TCYOF book near me).
    Azure

Answer by Azure at 11:36 AM on Jun. 12, 2009