To Early For table food? At my Daughters 6 month appointment I was told its okay to introduce some table food, well we did and our daughter who is now 8 months loves it! I spoke with the Dr in concern about her not getting enough milk and she said 24-32 ounces a day at this age is plenty, well shes taking about 24 no less, and otherwise eats table food, she loves it and does very well, I of course make it into the smallest pieces possible or run it in the food processer

She normally just eats what we eat,finely grind! Is it too early to introduce foods? I want to nake sure shes getting all of her proper nutrients, shes very healthy gaining weight well, does very well with food and even feeds herself although its a mess its very cute! We had a cookout last night and the people here kinda were looking down on us and shocked more or less about us doing table food! So I dont know whos wrong here but I for sure want to do whats best for my child!

Ncmom1984

Asked by Ncmom1984 at 12:52 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When to introduce foods is not a science and often reflect cultural taste. Just watch out for nuts , fish, eggwhites, citrus(although I think that depends on the baby), and obviously physical chocking hazards. My DD eats what I eat...love the food processor.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:56 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I think its wrong for kids to live on rice cereal and jarred baby food.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:58 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. If shes hungry then you fed her. Thats the way it goes. All babies are different, some eat sonner than others, and so on. I started my baby on rice cereal very young, and people didn't like it either, but damn it she was hungry, its far worse to starve them i think. So do what your doing, nevermind the other people, parenting didn't come with a book, we all do things differently. As the mother, i'm sure you know whats best for your child.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 1:08 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• My son started table foods at the same age... now he's 10 months and gets whatever we eat. Just make sure she is getting enough of her milk, it's the priority
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:51 PM on Jun. 9, 2009