Reinburstment checks!!!

So for my prenatal labs (even though im almost 38 weeks!!!) i asked not to be tested for HIV testing. Because i knew my insurance did not cover it! My doc. office tested me anyways, when i got the bill for 75$ i flipped!!! So i called in and they said i could come in and pick up the check! So i came in, and they looked at the bill i recieved, even made a copy of the bill. And said "Okay, we will send it off on Wed." IM LIKE YOU JUST SAID ON THE PHONE I COULD COME PICK IT UP!!!!! Anyways, i have been waiting its been 2 weeks now. My husband and i payed the bill with the money we have been saving for our ann. And said we would just pay ourselfs back withe the reinburstment check. Today is our ann. AND NO CHECK! So i called and the lady said i dont even have a copy of your bill im sorry leave a message with this lady and she will get back to you. UGH!! My husband and i didnt get to celebrate last year (our 1st) becaouse our

mommyofAurora

Asked by mommyofAurora at 12:58 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• daughter was air vacced outta our home town because she almost died!! ( that was okay,
    thats a reasonable reason! Our daughter comes first)

And now this year, we cant because my doc. office wants to be a b*tch! SOrry im a little
    ticked off!

What would you do?
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 12:58 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Call them up and ask when the chief billing person, or administrator is going to be in. Drive yourelf to the office. Ask to speak with the chief billing person. I'd have the bill with me and if they say she isn't in, I'd counter with "well i called this morning and was told she would be in from 10-4." They can't argue with that. If they still put you off and tell you to come back later, say, "no thanks, I'll just wait here until she comes back." If you keep waiting and they won't let you talk to her, (give them a little bit of time, like an hour maybe) then tell them if they don't want to be reported to the better business bureau then they'd better cut you the check. Tell them you couldn't celebrate your ann. and that you paid for it expecting the rebate. If that doesn't work, report them (since you said you would) and call every day!! That should make them do something! Do you have documentation saying not to test you?
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 1:20 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I don't know what to tell you but when they asked to do the HIV test on me at the beginning they said if they did the test on me they wouldn't have to test the baby. Otherwise they would. I would rather they tested me so I did it.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:21 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• How frustrating! I would be furious! I would show up there with my bill and not leave without a check. Tell them you will wait for whom ever it is you need to see.
    On a side note; so your insurance company would not like to know if you or possibly your baby is HIV positive...sounds kind of strange too me. That test is standard procedure in a prenatal battery of tests in my area. I would also get on the phone with the ins co and ask them why the heck something so paramount to prenatal care is not covered.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:50 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Well i know for a matter of fact i dont have HIV, now even more lol because i did get the test done. But my doc. office asks if you want it done. And i knew i didnt have it so i said no. I just had a baby 17 months ago and have had sex wtih my husband thats it. LOL.
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 2:05 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• That would make me mad too. I would do what some tohers said and sit there seething until they saw me.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 2:21 PM on Jun. 9, 2009