I am frustrated, need advice

Can anyone pray for me? I am a Christian, and I have a very nice neighbor and she is a Christian too. Anyways, we don't know each other very well yet, and we were chit chatting the other day.

Well, she told me that she is a prophet. And then she told me that I struggle with certain things that God is not happy with. I knew at the time that I don't struggle with those things, so I told her no. She smirked and smiled and told me that I just need to pray about it.

I prayed about it, still don't feel like that was for me. My DH said no that is not for me. But I told my mom what happened and she said that she thinks I might be like that. Now she keeps bringing it up.

I am frustrated because I feel like I am being accused of something I am innocent of, and everyone just acts like "God will show you, dear." I don't think this is a pride issue, because if it was something else that I DO struggle with I would recieve it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• ugh.... reading that sentence you said about God telling you you are fascinated with the things of satan.... RUNNNNN!!!!!! turn away from that person. DO pray for her tho . God would not use a prophet to tear a person down and cause them worry or feel condemned. That is false.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:40 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• ignore this ladya nd stay away from her she is a false teacher! (cultish) sounding
    Anonymous

• when most people have issues...others can easily see them except for people blinded by love ie husbands, wives, kids....

but others can see it...and we usually never realize when we have these issues
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:05 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• their is no way of knowing if she is a false prophet. plenty of them are, plenty of them are not
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:06 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• My question is how do I convince people that I don't have this struggle in my heart when they think I do? And how do I get them to leave me alone about it?

I mean the Bible says, "Do not despise prophecies. Test all things; hold fast what is good" 1 Thes. 5:20-21

So I am allowed to pray about it and test the prophesy. I don't have to just believe it.
    Anonymous

• It was something she wouldn't even know about. I even asked my best friend, who tells me straight up when I am wrong. And she laughed. She told me, "If that was from the Lord you would feel God confirm it in your heart. And if she wants to tell you where you are wrong, she should have brought up that you think your dentist is hot."
    Anonymous

• Believe in yourself.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 1:08 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• if she prophetic...it could be for the future and not hold any bearings right now.

or sometimes people with gifts like this get conceited and pride comesi nto play an dtheir messages get muddied up and they dont give correct words anymore
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:10 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Why would you worry about convincing others?! Your issues or non-issues are between you and your Father in Heaven.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 1:10 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• IDK..just pray and continue to do your devotions. It could be a reference to anything. Gosh we all struggle with something. I think its not as bad as its made out to be. Could it be anything really. I could write a list of ocassional thing I have issues with especially during that time of the month. lol
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 1:12 PM on Jun. 9, 2009