How much should you put in an evelope for a child's 4th Birthday party? It is the first time she has invited our family.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• For a child of that age, I would just buy a gift.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:18 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• $10.00
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:05 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• If it was a family member, i'd do $20, if not $10, like josie said.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 1:10 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• She is my sil's sister. They live in LI, NY. They are so high end about everything. I do not work and it is always $50 a gift and it is so expensive. They are snobby..do not want to look bad.....
    Anonymous

• 4 dollars. she is four so she gets 4 dollars. are you getting her a gift also? if no then the 4 dollars would seem cheap
    Mommy2Mariah

Answer by Mommy2Mariah at 1:15 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I agree with Mommy 2mariah, I always put the amount of money for the age they are....4 years, 4 bucks, 10 years, 10 bucks and so on. And then there is nothing wrong with going to the dollartree or dollarland and buying like 5 items and putting them in a little gift bag along with a dollar helium balloon, kids love balloons!!!
    newmom2orlando

Answer by newmom2orlando at 2:11 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I agree with newmom. I was going to post that my children usually get $1 per year of their life. But if you are going to try and "keep up with the Jones" that probably isn't going to cut it. But the kid would love it.
    proud2Bmomma

Answer by proud2Bmomma at 2:23 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• $10 for children under 12, $20 for older children. If I buy a gift for the child, then I put $5 in the card.
    lighthouse98

Answer by lighthouse98 at 2:25 PM on Jun. 9, 2009