are there any signs of having twins at 14 weeks?

just curious-

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would think an ultrasound would be the only way to know.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 1:08 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Ultrasound, if you know that your levels were way higher than normal at however far you were when they did the blood work
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 1:11 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• High hormone level and an ultrasound at 6 weeks would detect it.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 1:46 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Things like high hormone levels, measuring big for date, feeling fetal movement earlier than expected, and early or extreme pregnancy symptoms are indicators. Detecting 2 heartbeats is a pretty strong indicator, though sometimes that can be a mistake. U/S is the best way to know for sure.

With my twins, my hormones levels were off the chart very early in my pregnancy, and my doctor determined via u/s that there were two sacks at 5 1/2 weeks; we could see 2 babies w/ heartbeats by 7 weeks. Around that time I started having very severe morning sickness, lots of aches and pains, and I outgrew my regular pants by 10 weeks.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:33 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Lol... giving birth!!! My mom had ultrasounds, heard heartbeats... but only one baby was ever identified... the doctor was about to lay me in my mother's arms and my brother started to crown!!! Good luck!!!
    kayla_trinity

Answer by kayla_trinity at 9:49 PM on Jun. 9, 2009