you know those silver sparkles you see when you stand up too fast?

have you ever gotten them in just one eye? and if so, what could that mean? its happened twice in the past week. when i was prego with my first son i went blind out of this same eye for like 15 minuits and the eye dr said it was from a retinal seperation. this time its not going blind, its just those silver sparkely things just exactly like i stood up too fast but if i cover one eye they''re gone and cover the otehr eye and there they are. bizarre...

disheveled

Asked by disheveled at 1:21 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• hhhmmmmmmmmm, its happened in both eyes at the same time, but no, never just one...strange. I would get your eyes checked. Good luck hun, hope all is well.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 1:24 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I would get them checked out. You would be surprised what an eye dr. can tell from the eye. and if it is something else they can give you a referal.
    tigerus

Answer by tigerus at 2:50 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• My friend's not pregnant, but she had that for about a week, then went in to the doctor, turned out her retina had detached... she's had a total of 5 surgeries on the one eye... she's lost 30% of her sight out of it... Not trying to scare you, but if you've had retinal seperation before, I'd definately get it checked out.
    kayla_trinity

Answer by kayla_trinity at 9:47 PM on Jun. 9, 2009