what are these bumps?

my DD, 11 months old, has bumps all over her. it looks like a heat rash kinda. should i take her to the doc? what else could it be? does she need medicine for heat bumps?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it might be a skin condition, my son has dry skin, take her to her doc
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 1:24 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I have a sensitive baby... At the beginning of summer, she got really rashy from the heat. I take a cotton ball and dust corn starch (out of the cupboard) on it then rub it on her skin where she is "rashy". I don't have to do it often as it seems once it's cleared up it doesn't stay irritated. I NEVER put powders or anything like that in her diaper. She also has that kind of skin that just seems sorta chill bumpy all the time anyway but she isn't red or irritated. I also will give her a bath and let her just lay naked a while to "air" everything out. She just saw the pedo yesterday and she has also seen the pedo when she has been "broke out". Pedo said use a good lotion also. Hope this helps.
    Anonymous

• my daughter has very very sensistive skin, and she has a skin problem, somehow when her old skin gets shedded it doesn't fully shed and goes back into the pores blocking her pores and makes her break out in little bumps. she gets them mostly on the top of her arm and thighs. i use aveeno baby wash and baby lotion, creams. her doc also gave us a script for aquasol (i think thats how you spell it) its a really thick wash that is almost a lotion. and that helps when she actually breaks out.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:41 PM on Jun. 9, 2009