I wanna Know...

Why is it that so many Christians are so judgemental of other religions when in the bible it says

vchristineg

Asked by vchristineg at 1:26 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It's a little bit of human nature, i guess. It's easy to get prideful and think that what you know is right is the only thing that's right. Really though, if you think about it, if you're a good person and doing the best you can to be kind and loving to others, what church you go to shouldn't matter. Being Christian seems like it's more about being 'saved' by Christ than being LIKE Christ. That's just my opinion though.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 1:28 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• loopholes
    Anonymous

• I agree with you completely ACL
    vchristineg

Answer by vchristineg at 1:30 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Because many do not understand that passage.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:32 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Here we go again.....
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 1:39 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• because you can't write a book saying people shouldn't judge, and then in other parts of it, have all kinds of stories about how God judges certain types of people. It makes the reader think they know how God judges, so they think they can do it too.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 1:40 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I suppose that if they feel they are "right" with their god, they think it's ok to wrong everyone else. I think that's why they go around being assholes to everyone who is another religion, or no religion, or the wrong form of their religion.
    Anonymous

• ok maybe i should quote exactly from Matthew.

Matthew 7:1-3 (King James Version)

Matthew 7

1Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
    vchristineg

Answer by vchristineg at 1:45 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• says what? judge not? well, you know right from wrong right?
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 1:57 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Ok Princezz, I have no idea what you just said, and just so we are clear everyone I am not christian. I was raised that way, but I just want to know why the majority of christians that I come across are judgemental of anyone who does not believe the same way that they do?
    vchristineg

Answer by vchristineg at 2:04 PM on Jun. 9, 2009