Does the bible mention these things?

Does the bible talk about abortion? what about rape? Does it say what to do in the event a pregnancy occured from a rape?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• As far as I recall, it doesn't specifically mention abortion.
    MommaLucy

Answer by MommaLucy at 1:29 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• It talks about murder.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:31 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Deut. 22: 25-27 25 But if a man find a betrothed damsel in the field, and the man force her, and alie with her: then the man only that lay with her shall die: 26 But unto the damsel thou shalt do nothing; there is in the damsel no sin worthy of death: for as when a man riseth against his neighbour, and slayeth him, aeven so is this matter: 27 For he found her in the field, and the betrothed damsel cried, and there was none to save her.
    I couldn't find anything that was illuding to abortion, but I'll give you my opinion for what it's worth. I don't agree with abortion to take care of 'accidental' pregnancies. In my opinion no pregnancy is accidental. But, as this scripture states, rape is a crime against the woman, and she shouldn't be punished for it. So, I think abortion in a case like that is ok. It's emotionally traumatic enough without having to bear the child of your rapist. Adoption is an option too, if you're brave.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 1:39 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• "If men strive, and hurt a women with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life" (Ex.21:22-23).
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 1:39 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• AngelDawn, that is speaking of a pregnant woman injured in a fight. If the woman lost her child but wasn't injured otherwise, her husband was to "name his price" for that lost. If the woman was otherwise injured, or killed, the man responsible had to pay with his life.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 1:52 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• it talks about murder, which is what the bible considers abortion. and woman who is raped is disgraced and the blame is totally hers. (the bible was written by arabic men, remember that)
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 1:57 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Abortion
    Exodus 21;22-25--accidental, Job 3:11-16, Lsaiah 44:2, Jermmiah 20:17, Psalms 139:13-14, Ecclesiastes 11:5.
    Rape
    Genesis 34:1-19, Deuteromy 22:25-27, 2Samuel 13:1-19, Isaiah 13:16, Zechariah 14:2, Lamentations 5:11
    I found the above references in "Extreme A to Z, Where to find it in the Bible" I did not find anything about rape resulting in pregnancy, specifically. I would read through the references and see if any deal with the subject. I would think a pregnancy from this cause would be a matter of personal prayer and decision between the woman and God. There was no sin on the woman's part in the rape.
    higherboundmom

Answer by higherboundmom at 1:59 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I'm going to have to disagree with you there.

God does not make exceptions that tolerate injury to any pregnant mother, or any child in the womb. In fact CURSES "come upon" and "overtake" nations that refuse to administer justice (Deut. 28:15).

If God does not tolerate exceptions to the administration of justice concerning murder by abortion, then neither should His people.

http://www.covenantnews.com/cspa990830.htm

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 2:03 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• the bible doesnt specific say but the principles tell you from conception its life .
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 4:03 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• abortion is murder and so killing an innocent baby is sin. god doesnt give us excuses for sinning ever. even if we were the victoms of something so sick and wrong. god didnt say thou shall not kill unless... He said thou shall not kill. sorry if i sound rude, im just trying to be honest since you asked.
    scooter22

Answer by scooter22 at 5:23 PM on Jun. 9, 2009