question for baptists

i remember going to school with this girl who always tried to act like she was so religious and knew everything. Anyways i remember her saying that baptists don't believe in dancing, or they aren't suppose to dance, or something about them and dancing. Anyways if you are baptist is there anything about babtists and dancing that isn't suppose to be done?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Babtists dance. Church of Christ and a few others don't like to.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:32 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• i'm baptist and we dance
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:32 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• nope!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:32 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• *Baptists...
    BradenIsMySon

• David danced in the Bible, so did Miriam I believe.
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:33 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• My mother belongs to a Southern Baptist church. There is no dancing. She sings in the choir and solos and cannot even sing a song that has the word "dance" in it. So some Baptists do not allow dancing.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 1:47 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I know that some disagree with dancing within the church for example when a wedding reception is at the church.
    mommytoangel407

Answer by mommytoangel407 at 1:47 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• its a branch thing. i'm baptist and i do but i have relatives who are southern baptist and they don't. i think that a lot of it is bs. some religions don't allow you to dress the way you want or whatever while giving the man the freedom to do what he wants. some stuff you just gotta wonder...
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 1:54 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• it depends on the church you attend. I'm not baptist but have worked in baptist churches & some allow it some don't. of course I attend the Church of Christ & we don't allow it in services but then again everyone at our church jokes that none of us have any rythm & that's why we don't dance. LOL in fact our preacher says its a safety precaution bc if we tried moving our hips & feet at the same time we'd all fall over :)
    landensmommy411

Answer by landensmommy411 at 2:00 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I grew up in a southern Baptist church and they didn't allow dancing. All depends on the church I guess.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:42 PM on Jun. 9, 2009