What is this?

My dog has some sort of moles or sores or something around her genitals. It doesn't seem like they are causing her any pain, but they look like they are mulitplying. She had just one small on about 2 weeks ago and now she has 3 and one is about as large as a pea. I don't know if its a Doggy STD (lol, is that even possible?) we have had her since she was a tiny pup and she has never been around any other dogs to be "active". I don't know what these are though??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Pets

• i ve hear of it befor....dogs get moles just like us..if they get bigger take her to the vet and have it removed...thats what i would do or if u have the money then take her anyway ang get the vets opion
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 3:04 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• It could be some kind of fatty tissue or cyst.
    Make sure you take her to the vet they can remove it before it gets bigger or worse keep that area clean. I hope everything works out fine :)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:38 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Take her to a vet? I've had multiple dogs for years, three at one time with a cat. Now I have one original dog a new dog and a different cat. Never heard of what you're describing.
    Anonymous

• One of my dogs had that a while back. It was from her demodex mange. It was irritating her down there and you could see it since there wasn't fur there. You should deff. take your pup to the vet.... but if they put her on ivermectin (meds for the mange) stop giving her heart worm preventatives until the meds are used up. It is the same medicine in them both and can cause an overdose. Our vet didn't tell us a friend that works at a shelter did thanks goodness!
    Anonymous