Is it Diapher rash?

My son Kodi is 13 months old, since yesterday he has had this rash on his bottom. Kodi has had diarrhea and it just seems to make the rash worse. Kodi also isn't wanting to eat as much as normal. So if anyone knows if this is just diapher rash or what it is please let me know. Thanks!!

bjones2552

Asked by bjones2552 at 1:38 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• That sounds like more than a diaper rash to me. Think back, is there something he possibly could have eaten that was undercooked or anything? Maybe he tried something new that his body didn't agree with. If it isn't that, then treat it like a stomach flu. Lots of fluids and pedialyte to replenish electrolytes. Make sure to change him often and give him warm baths as needed to keep his bottom from hurting too much. Diaper rash ointment could help as it would provide a shield between his bum and the diarrhea. Sounds like it's acidic stuff and it's burning his little heiny. Good luck!
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 1:42 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• When kids wear diapers and get the runs it creates a yeast infection on their little butts! Just use tolifolinate cream(athletes foot cream) it will stop the burning and kill the stuff causing the problem. I paid $400 on a pediatrician visit to find this out. Try it
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 1:53 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• My son is prone to yeast and diaper rashes. It has taken me tons of trips to the dr. and plenty of prescriptions of nystatin before discovering the equate brand of tolifolinate cream for "athlete's foot and jock itch." (DH prefers to think he has jock itch lol) It cleared the yeast up in about 3 days. Symptoms of yeast on my baby boy are very red skin and a sort of raised area around the edges. Another thought, my son wouldn't eat (or drink) much when he was teething. He would also get this nasty diarrhea that would chap his little butt in a matter of minutes. Good luck!
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 6:54 AM on Jun. 10, 2009