Why do you speak or type so that you sound like an uneducated idiot?

The people that I am talking about are usually teens or people speaking in "ebonics". While most of us think of black people when we think of ebonics, we all probably know white people do it as well. I am NOT talking about mistakes, but purposefully speaking or typing incorrectly. Do you not care that people think you are stupid? If this offends you, you are probably one of the stupid people.

I do not reply to posts that are annoying to read because of all of the ignorant spellings. I am not going to waste my time replying to someone who may not even have the brain capacity to understand my response.

Examples:

"i jus saw her commin up da drive i told her dont come here no mo"
"I CANT NOT BELEIVE WHAT I JUS SAW.. "
"i am literally sittin here like i know what i think is gonna happen aint happen."
" i said i tryin foo"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Having a rough day?

Sounds like someone needs a stiff drink..........................hope you feel better soon.
    Anonymous

• The answer is obvious...They are illiterate fools.
    Anonymous

• As much as I totally agree with you......why are you telling us what you'll read or not? Do you think anyone cares? Do you really think someone is going to go back to school to learn to read and write appropriately so you'll read their post, don't anonymously, on CafeMom? haha. Unfortunately, there are alot of people who WILL read the posts, thereby promoting the unlearned.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:08 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• My dad was an English major and my grandmother taught me to speak the" King's English." Personally, I think it is an expression of individuality when a person uses unique dialect. Times are a changin. I do find it somewhat discouraging that grammar is overlooked in the public schools and kids are not learning how to spell or speak properly. It is definitely your choice to respond or not, just as it is a choice to speak and spell however a person wants.

writeon

Answer by writeon at 2:11 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I think it's ignorance plain and simple. I hate hearing people talking like that, and I REALLY hate trying to read it. People make assumptions about you on various things, like appearance and how you speak. If you speak like a fool, you will be treated as such.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:13 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I could care less either way, but your examples were hilarious!
    newmom2orlando

Answer by newmom2orlando at 2:15 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I agree with TheDiva320. I just find it annoying and sometimes the grammar is so bad, I don't bother to finish reading it. A teacher back in high school was telling us that a girl had failed a final exam for her English class. I believe she had to write a report and she wrote it ALL in text lingo. Lol! Apparently, this foolish girl thought her paper was a guaranteed "A." When she saw that she had failed, her parents got so mad that they actually thought they had a lawsuit. Needless to say, it was thrown out and the grade stayed.

Miss-Baby-Baker

Answer by Miss-Baby-Baker at 2:22 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• he he. i had a smart assed comment about doing my louziana edumacation credit by showing off my poor skills in grammar, but you have a valid point. i think that people type that way because they speak that way. idk why people chose to represent themselves that way. i don't. i choose to be the kind of person my kids can be proud of.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 2:24 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I totally agree with you. If the post looks like it was written by a Chick-fil-a cow, Its not worth my time. What gets me is when these people get mad because people assume they are an idiot. If you don't want people to think you are an uneducated oaf and take you seriously, have enough respect for yourself to type in an intelligible manner. Oh, and use friggin punctuation. If I have to read through it more than once because I cant tell where one thought ends and another begins...I'm not going to pay attention to it.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 2:37 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• "If the post looks like it was written by a Chick-fil-a cow, Its not worth my time."

LMAO, that is perfect!
    Anonymous