My daughter is 11 months old and she isnt walking yet. I know kids will do things when they are ready and I am seeing that a lot of kids around her age group are walking and have been for at least 3 months or so. She has a walker, she pulls up on things, she holds onto stuff and walks around it but she hasn't taken any steps yet.
Should I go out and buy toys that she can push around to make her speed up the process or should I just let her do it in her own time?

Asked by Mz_Lady1978 at 3:29 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 11 to 14 months is the avg age for this milestone!

Answer by schmoo_mommy at 3:45 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Also walkers can delay actual walking b/c it doesn't help their leg muscles get stronger, I think pushing toys would be helpful, but she'll walk when she wants, it can't be forced =]

Answer by schmoo_mommy at 3:48 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Sounds like she is doing fine...she just doesn't want to let go all the way...both my boys walked right around their 1 year old thing we did husband and I sat on the floor and had our legs out and our feet touching and hold onto our son and the other would say come on and while the one held on as far as we could and the other would grab then we would slowly move back so the distance was further...he liked it and eventually he walked...and hasn't stopped since...LOL

Answer by teddybear112881 at 3:49 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Don't feel bad. My 11 month old isn't walking yet either. She will stand up and hold our hands and walk, but forget trying to do it herself yet. She just doesn't seem interested yet.

Answer by courty30 at 4:56 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• In all honesty, walkers can make kids lazy.
    I only let my son use his for a few months.
    Once he wasnt in his walker anymore he got
    frustrated because he wasnt upright seeing
    everyone else. It motivated him to try harder
    at walking. He was walking by 10 months.
    Good luck!

Answer by IfLoveWasBorn at 5:00 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• my twins were pulling up and everything like yours for a while and at about 13 months started taking steps. they are now 15 months and are pros at walking and are even trying to run.

Answer by mrspierce06 at 7:04 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• If she's walking around stuff, it's really just a matter of time before she lets go. Just keep "teasing" her with a toy or a hug to get her to let go of the coffee table & come to mommy! It could be a couple of days... or a couple of months. She'll get it, don't worry!

Answer by crazysocks830 at 12:31 AM on Jun. 30, 2008