Is anyone a EMT in the fire dept??

I want to learn more and try to become a emt in a fire dept. I would like to prepare my self before I start the classes. I didn't know if I could get some books or something to help me at home? I heard the test is hard.. Any advice? Thank u

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• I was used to be a volunteer EMT-ID and a volunteer Firefighter for my hometown about 16 years ago. I am sure alot has changed since that time, of course. But I took courses through a community college at the local hospital. I was certified in Illinois. The classes were great, lots of class time, hospital ER time (clinicals) as well as hands on, on the squad. At that time, we also got to see autopsies, etc. Very good training. I took the State of Illinois test, which, I will tell you is not based on what you know, but how to take a test. State tests are all the same. They try to trip you up. Just stick to the KISS method. Keep is simple stupid. DO NOT read into any question too much. I took my EMT A test twice, my EMT ID test three times and althought I tried the Firefighter I and II tests, I never could pass. However, I always tried to read too much into the question. ALSO, always thoroughly read all
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:03 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• questions before choosing an answer. It you have any other questions, let me know. Also if you have a local dept you can ride along with on calls, it would be great experience.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:04 PM on Jun. 9, 2009