so does anyone else nurse exclusively but would like their baby to take a bottle and will not will not will not

three month old very good baby as long as i do not leave the house get a mile down the road and she if on the fuss. \she will not take a bottle no matter what you out in it

melisaseaborn

Asked by melisaseaborn at 2:05 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She will never take a bottle if you are anywhere in the room. Why such on silicone when the real thing is right there?

Try pumping and then when it is time to feed, leave. If leaving the room doesn't work, leave the house. Babies are smarter than you think, and she will not take a bottle from you, it needs to be someone else.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:10 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I would like it. My first daughter was like that and so now is my 2nd. My son took expressed milk just fine. I am now at 6 months never having left the baby more than an hour, and yes, sometimes even then she fussed so I was always available to pick her up.

What I've been told- try different bottles/nipples to find one more like a breast. Warm the breast milk (I'm assuming that's what you are giving- formula is icky and many babies just won't if they're used to tasty sweet milk). And I agree with the PP. Be out of the house, at least to start.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• My daughter had problems taking the bottle at first also. We kept switching nipples until we found one that she liked. The Playtex drop-in bottles with the wider nipples worked the best for her. It generally helps if you start them on the bottle at 4 weeks to make the transition a little easier.
    amandanichol

Answer by amandanichol at 10:59 PM on Jun. 9, 2009