FORCED!

I am a firm believer that parents who keep reproducing, only to have the kids taken my the state, should be forced to be "fixed" Also I believe that parents who have lived off PA for VERY EXTENDED amounts of time (like 5years+ due to laziness) and keep popping out kids, Just to get more money Should be forced to be "fixed" Soooo with that being said what do you think??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• agree
    Anonymous

• I completely agree.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:26 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Mixed feelings. I guess it would have to be a case-by-case scenario as to WHY the kids are being taken by the state. Sometimes you just have a long-term illness and no other family to help, and this is the only resource.
    The 5+ years with laziness.....not so sure. My sister had 5 kids with her husband. He left....left the state as well. She worked a full-time job and did housecleaning. They moved in with us (when I was a teen), but still needed insurance and food stamp help. She eventually moved out with the help of Section 8 housing. She sure as heck wasn't lazy, but the husband never paid child support. The state-to-state chase was not happening for her.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:30 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I agree with children being taken away. Child abusers, molesters, bad parents should no longer have the biological right.
    Anonymous

• I am referring to ppl like my SIL....example. A mom that has a college education. (has been on PA for 12 years, and wont work) has 5 kids. she gets 800 a month in foodstamps, and has not been "fixed" If someone has a disability or something that is one thing. (they should be responsible enough to Not bring LOTS of children into the world)
    Anonymous

• Who gets to decide? How many is too many? How long on PA? Theoretically it might be a good idea, but practically it could be, and would be, a nightmare. You give someone that power and eventually there would be guidelines to how much money you have to make to have a certain number of kids. Do you really want to go down that road?
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 2:36 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I have thought this would be right for some time. The only thing that concerns me about forced sterilization is that it could be used in cases where it really isn't warranted. If the guidelines were clearly spelled out and strictly adhered to, I think it would be a great idea.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:39 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• i think that if they are taking my money to pay for someone elses kids, i should get to say how many of someone else's kids i'm willing to support. jmo but its my money. shouldn't i have some say?
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 2:39 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• If parents can have 10 kids on 40k a year and NOT be on PA. I dont see why It would matter........in this example im giving it is hypothetical....say a mother who has 4 kids, no job, no income, and uses pa all the time..........where a mother who has 4 children, a part time job, with some income, looking for a full time job and only uses pa when things are really bad...(would not be in the list of forced hystorectomys)
    Anonymous

• agree but that is walking a fine line. I think we need to have a lot less government in our business and this is just asking for trouble
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:48 PM on Jun. 9, 2009