Why is it that when joining a group..

youve got to apply? But when you get booted out of a group..you get no notice whatsoever? I mean really you reply to posts and are one of a few who are active...and then all the sudden your no longer a member! Anyone else feel as if the owner should atleast have to let you why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yep that happened to me resently, I didn't even know I was gone from the group till I went to look they the discussions and it said it was private, I even have one of the group owners posts on my page but she wont answer me back to why I booted
    Anonymous

• No, its their group and its up to them who goes and who stays. You have to apply so that they can decide if you are right for the group. If you break the rules, and/or don't heed warnings, you get kicked out. Its at their discretion and they dont "owe" you an explanation. If it bothers you that bad, Pm the GO and ask.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 2:31 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Also keep in mind, that alot of groups now have the auto delete option. If you dont visit the group in a certain time frame, you are auto deleted.
    abbynzachsmommy

• if you really want to be in the group, go apply again, if not, move on...stay friends with anyone you want to.
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 3:28 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• It would be nice to get a little message at the time you are deleted from a group.
    Even CM has the common courtesy to send you a message when they delete one of your answers because someone has complained about it (that happened to me once).
    It isn't a matter of who owns the group, who makes the rules, if the rules get broken, or if the member hasn't visited in a long while - it's a matter of principle.
    As fellow humans, all members, and soon-to-be deleted members, deserve some sort of warning or response.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:20 PM on Jun. 9, 2009