Blessed

Do you ever feel blessed, but others make you feel like you don't messure up? I am a single mom who is making ends meet. I have a small home that I maintain. I cook healthy food, my dd goes to private christian school (thanks to her grandparents) and she is involved in sports. I dont recieve child support, but I also dont have his abusive, drunken drama to deal with. I feel so blessed, I work one full time job and some odd jobs on the side. It is not easy, it is real life. I clean and prepare and spend timewith my child. I have stopped going to church because the members want to go out all the time and pressure me. They make me feel bad for not being able to afford a babysitter or expensive dinners on a wkly basis. I feel badgered and left feeling like i just wasnt doing enough. I now feel at peace and feel free to thank God for my blessings! Does anyone else feel grateful for things others tend to take for granted

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 2:36 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes! I am so grateful Jesus is faithful to ALL His promises!
    Maybe they have no idea your struggling try not to take it personally instead explain your circumstances they will understand,I think a good church is very important, we attend a Southern Baptist church
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 2:40 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• THE MEMBERS OF YOUR CHURCH SEEM TO BE MISSING OUT ON RECOGNIZING THEIR BLESSINGS THAT DON'T REQUIRE MONEY, YOU DON'T NEED A CHURCH TO FEEL CLOSE TO GOD. YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO FEEL BLESSED, YOU HAVE EVERYTHING THAT IS IMPORTANT TO YOU.

Answer by older at 2:51 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I am blessed and highly favored because my Father says so. I am His favorite one because He says so, I am loved beyond measure because He says so. It has nothing to do with what we do or do not do but everything to do with who we are in Him. He loves us because of who we are!

Allowing the members to make you feel bad is not their problem but yours. Let go of the offense and just go with the flow. They may just be wanting to include you. Quitting church for that reason says to me that you rely on what man says not what God says about you. Just something to think about!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:17 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Shaneagle I will not quit allchurches, but just this one. They make me feel awful!! Like sending me (just kidding) "you suck" txt msgs when I graciously decline. I have told them I cant afford to go, but I go to alot of other things here in town and all church events. This church dresses all the kids in matching outfits and goes on outtings ALL the time. It is one girl that has torn me down the most telling me to go find an engineer and marry so my life could be easier...blah blah. It is endless. I think I am just really not a match for the people and while I liked the preachers message I felt so many of the peoples focus was on the wrong thing that I continued to isolate myself from them. I agree that my feelings are my problem but I feel it is an unhealthy enviroment and I have kept myself in it for 4 yrs, but I wont anymore and I have been at peace since Ieft. I will be visiting churches soon to find one where members cont
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:24 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• have depth and I can relate to them. I have worked hard to be a part of their group and once I became a part of it I saw gossip, judgement and tearing people down...as I backed off I know that is exactly what they were doing to me. Their was no making new friends at that church, my choice was to walk away...but i wish my experience was different, but it wasn't.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:26 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• im blessed every day that i live for what God has given me and my family
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 4:19 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I am blessed to be free of god and religion.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 9:38 PM on Jun. 9, 2009