Has your dh ever cheated on you?

My dh cheated on me three years ago. Sometimes I think I am really over it. And to tell you the truth it still hurts. Especially since he did it two weeks after our baby died.

sweetpea532

Asked by sweetpea532 at 2:38 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• First let me say how sorry I am to hear about your baby. Second, yes, my husband did have an affair. Like you, it has been some time ago and I still haven't fully gotten over it. I am not sure I ever will. I don't think you can ever forget pain like that. I think about what he did every day of my life. I have forgiven him for what he did, but I doubt I'll ever forget.
    Anonymous

• Oh my I'm so sorry to hear that about your baby and what your DH did. My DH has cheated on me as well and Im not sure I will ever get over it. I try my best to stay strong and positive but there are days it just takes me back and I can't get it out of my head! Stay strong and always look for the bright side of life!
    Anonymous

• I am so sorry about your baby.
    no, my hubs has never cheated.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:49 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• people deal with grief in different ways. I'm not saying what he did was right. I'm just saying grief of a child is a terribly difficult thing to deal with as you know and I'm guessing he thought you were distraught and been through enough. Many folks want sex after a death of someone. Not sure what it is but it's true. Condolencense on your loss but I don't think you should hold this one against him. I doubt if he does it again.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:29 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Yes, he cheated on me less than a week after we got married. It's been over 5 years, though, and time has changed us both. We are so much stronger having went through it. It took a couple of years, but I can honestly say that I fully trust him.

Actually, I can understand why he did it if it was right after your baby died. After my baby died I was tempted to do crazy things that I've never done. From going to a club and having a one night stand to doing drugs. I never did those things, but I did drink every night for a couple of months. It can be part of the normal grieving process for some people.

It sounds like the two of you need some marriage counseling and some grief counseling.
    Anonymous

• Yes, my ex-husband cheated on me several times and when I confronted him about it he lied and then I had had enough and so I hit that n!gga with some divorce papers and sent him a packin. He tried to win me back but I had moved pass the hurt and found my pot of gold at the end of the rainbow who is my husband now. I think his cheating would have devastated me more had I been in love with him but since I wasn't it just pissed me off. I mean if he wanted out of the marriage all he had to do was say so, but no he didn't want to deal with looking his family and friends in the face and telling them the truth - the truth I'd been telling them for years. It was easier for him to do his dirt and string me along. I was 20 when I married and I had to grow up fast , so by 24 I was a single parent and divorce` and lovin life.

There is life to live after you've been cheated on -sometimes it can be lived with that person and...con
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 3:40 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• sometimes it can't. If the answer for you is that your life is better lived without him make moves to change your circumstances. For everyday that you allow your feelings to go undealt with is another day you've lost and can't get back. There is help out there for some married couples and that help can do a lot when it comes to saving a marriage but there are some couples who are beyond help and fixing. Give help a chance and time and if it works GREAT; if it doesn't.....well, you know the rest. Be responsible for your own happiness. When you're a happy and contented person guess what you're a happier and more contentive parent. If you have a daughter just think of the example you may be showing her, that you stayed in a loveless marriage so that she could say that both of her parents lived under the same roof. If you asked her later in life I'm sure she would agree that your happiness was just as important as hers was
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 3:45 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• yes he has
    & yes it still hurts. He thinks I should be over it completely (it hasn't even been a year). ..but i'm not.
    Im sorry :(
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 4:27 PM on Jun. 9, 2009