Just trying to ease my mind....

I am 19 weeks and 1 day. I know that sometimes you dont feel the baby move until like 20-22 weeks but I am stressing. With my first child I felt her move at like 18 weeks and with my second it was 16 weeks. My last drs. appointment at 17 weeks, they couldnt hear the heartbeat so they did an ultrasound and they could see it beating. They said everything was fine but its just driving me nuts.... all the what ifs. And then today I woke up with a busting headache, and feeling very faint. Could this be caused by me stressing over the baby being okay? Or is there something really wrong? I just want to be sure my baby is okay. I don't go back to the dr. until the 25th of this month and I dont want to call because I think I am just being all hormonal and stuff. :) Sorry this is so long I am just stressing out.

hnfields

Asked by hnfields at 2:40 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would stress out too but if the doctor said you are ok then I guess believe them. Maybe this baby is just smaller than the other babies so it will take longer to feel it?
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 2:43 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Sometimes the dr can't find the heartbeat because the baby is moving around so much. The fact that they saw it on the Ultrasound is a good thing. You're stressing, which is totally understandable, but try to relax.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:45 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• If you have any concerns at all, go and see your doctor. That is what they are there for and what we pay them to do!!! If anything, it will give you peace of mind so you CAN relax. The headache could be anything including low blood sugar, allergies, etc.
    MamaBuma

Answer by MamaBuma at 2:45 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• It could also be that the placenta is in the front and absorbing some of the movement. It would also explaine having trouble finding the heartbeat. If you have any worries though you can always call the Dr...I know you dont want to bug them or be embarassed but they work for you, and if it helps you put your mind to ease then it is worth it. Most Dr's will let you come in just for a heartbeat check with a nurse if you are really worried call and ask if you can come in for thet. And mention the headaches to them too. But honestly I thik you should be fine.
    Anonymous

• I think it's normal that you aren't feeling movement yet. This baby could be smaller than your first, or positioned differently, or it could just be that since you already have one child in the house you are too busy to notice the light flutters when they do happen. I am 22 weeks, and still don't feel my son moving around very often, I usually don't feel him at all when I am busy doing other things, so try not to worry.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 2:31 PM on Jun. 10, 2009