Coming back to bite you!

As a parent have you had the things you say to your kids come back to haunt you? My DS is pushing 4 and when he misbehaves, I will sometimes say " Will it is not a choice" or " That kind of behavior is unacceptable" The other day we were in the store and he asked for a toy I was not prepared to buy. He bacame upset with me and yelled "Mom, it's not a choice, YOU are unacceptable!" It was all I could do not to laugh out loud. Do you find yourself being parented by your little one?

salexander

Asked by salexander at 2:47 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Way to often "Mommy you make a bad choice" is a very common sentence heard in our house
    jwaren

Answer by jwaren at 3:20 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• i'd chuckle too, then tell him that he can't tell mommy what to do...and he's still not getting the toy.
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 3:29 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I get yelled at for my driving by my 5 year old all the time. She makes sure everyone has seat belts on, if I take 1 hand off the steering wheel for anything I hear " mommy 2 hands". Oh and now her daddy has taught her that your hands are supposed to be at 10 and 2 o'clock on the steering wheel ( remind me to hurt him for that), and now I hear " 10 and 2 mommy, 10 and 2".
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 3:32 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• When I was starting to try to get my daughter to say Please... she caught on really quickly.... I asked her for a hug once... she was maybe 15 or 16mo old... She shook her head no and I said, "Kayla, mommy wants a hug..." she looked at me, tilted her head to one side and said, "Please?" I busted out laughing and said, "Can mommy please have a hug?" and she ran over and gave me a hug!!! The other day, (she's 20mo now), my mom was playing with her, Kayla said "Come see me" and mom told her no... Kayla ran up to her and said, "No say no, pankin" and patted mom on the butt!! I thought it was absolutely hillarious!!!
    kayla_trinity

Answer by kayla_trinity at 12:21 AM on Jun. 10, 2009