Mooching

It amazes me how people use others, and don't think anything of it. About 8 months age I drove to Arkansas (from Kansas) to get my friend, her baby, and boyfriend. They where struggling there, because lack of jobs and wanted a new start. My parents agreed to help them out a little by letting them stay at their house (mine is to small for 4 adult, 3 kids), as well as giving them a cell phone in which my dad paid for. In return he only asked them to keep the kitchen clean. My friend finally got a job after a few month, he boyfriend refused to get one (he is 25, I guess never had a job). This went on for a few months, until I finally had enough of it. I feel sorry we are no longer friends, but not for what I said because they needed to hear it. I told them they needed to stop mooching off everyone (there is alot more to this story). Was I to harsh?

ShiningStar24

Asked by ShiningStar24 at 2:53 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• *CONTINUE*

On top of all this. My friend got into it with her mom about feeding her baby (1 June 12) breakfast. Saying he doesn't eat breakfast. Now I know I don't know everything. But I'm pretty sure all kids eat breakfast everyday, atleast my kids do! I feel like alot of people, myself included have beant over backwards to help them. The fact they wont help themselves makes it difficult to continue to help them. I feel for the babie, as this all is not his fault. But how do you continue to help someone who wont even help themselves. Is it a lost cause?
    ShiningStar24

Answer by ShiningStar24 at 2:58 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I know MANY people like this. Don't waste your time on them. Leave it to someone else.

You have a family you need to take care of, and they're just deadbeat friends who obviously aren't that good of friends. I would NEVER do this to someone that meant something to me. They just don't care, so why should you?

I'd just be worried about the poor kiddo.
    ours

Answer by ours at 4:21 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• hey at least you tried to help them out, if it wasnt' taken forgranted I bet this wouldn't have happened, good on you for helping! Sorry it's tragic that they didnt' get it, but either way if there is this tendency to take for granted in the first place, sooner or later the friendship would have ended.
    Imamom4sure

Answer by Imamom4sure at 10:55 PM on Jun. 10, 2009