Why is America still racist??

so me and my boyfriend was taking keli for a walk in her stroller and we were going to the corner store and some minute men was on the side walk...and they were harassing my boyfriend telling him to go back to mexico because he looks more mexican then white and then they threw a can at him and he was about to fight them but i told him no and then a police man told us that we need to stop harassing them and i was thinkin what!?! its just sad

lanlan

Asked by lanlan at 3:03 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think you will find racism on every continent, we are no different.

Anonymous

• Racism will NEVER EVER go away. Just get used to that fact.. People like that dont deserve the time of day to even get upset over... instead you should be pitying them for their narrow minds and lack of respect for the human race.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 3:05 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• It is sad. Too many people fear what they don't understand.
    Anonymous

• As long as there are insecure people in the world, racism will always prevail. Racism goes BOTH ways, it's not all about Caucasian people hating other races. Other races are capable of hating Caucasians equally so!

Anonymous

• America is not racist. Stupid people are.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 3:19 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I think if you had checked you would have found that the guy wasn't a Minuteman, but some kind of wannabe thug hating on Hispanics and trying to claim he is a Minuteman and this makes the Minutemen look bad. Minutemen are ONLY against illegal immigrants, not just anybody who happens to look Hispanic, and before they go out to protest, they are expressly forbidden to hassle people by doing stuff like throwing cans at them, and they are never to get into fights unless physically attacked, then they can defend themselves.

pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 3:20 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• It will always be something, if it isn't racism, it will be class envy, or sexism. It's good to know that some people don't understand that point of view (neither do I). Most of the time I think it's just another excuse for people to treat each other badly. You can't always change others, but you can lead by example.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:21 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• anon 3:16, all we know is that the OP boyfriend was Mexican. No other race was mentioned.
    Anonymous

• Anon 3;22 Mexican is Hispanic.....
    Anonymous

• America isn't isn't racist. Individual people are racist and you will find that every where. My husband is half Korean and we have trouble with random people now and then. Some ladies in our neighborhood won't let their children play with mine because mine are 1/4 Korean. That doesn't mean America hates Koreans. it just means my goofy neighbors do.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:28 PM on Jun. 9, 2009