Tell me what you think?!?! MIL question

Ok so my step daughters 3rd birthday was over the weekend and I planned everything. And trust me I really went out of my way to make it perfect for this little girl . I made 48 organic cupcakes and I had told my MiL about all of this. Well i was nursing my daughter when the party started and she showed up with a store bought cake and blew out candles and handed the cake out while i was in the other room. then to top it off. the party was from 2-4 and her side of the family couldnt come till 430 so she just ordered more pizza and kept the party going. In my House! what would you do or think . Im just so frustrated I dont know what to do . or how to approach this situation.

nursinghannah

Asked by nursinghannah at 3:04 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• She was wrong and I would have been peeved, but I also wouldn't make a huge deal out of it.

I would however have hubby talk to his mom, I am sure that this hurt your feeling more then anything and he should stand up and tell hid mom that she stepped over a line and that in the future if thier is a conflict of interest...whether that is time or food she should at least discuss options with you.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 4:35 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• just say you only wanted the partyt to last a certain amount of time for a reason. You have other things you need to get to so you would like it to end asap

if this already happened just tell her that was uncalled for and next time yo9ur throwing a party at your house everything needs to be rn by you or it needs to happen somewhere else.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 3:07 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I would be pissed off. No doubt.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 3:07 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I'm annoyed for you just reading that. Why must MIL go out of their way to do the opposite of what we say?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:43 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I don't put up with anyone's shit so I would tell her exactly how I felt about the situation. Just try to calm down before hand a little and say it in the most understanding way as possible. Like..."I know that you wanted this...but you should have realized that it would do this..."

You deserve respect and just because she's your mother in law, doesn't mean she has the right to do that.
    ours

Answer by ours at 4:13 PM on Jun. 9, 2009