Starting to worry...moms with babies close together please respond

I am due in August to have my second baby. My first was born last July so they will be 13 months apart. I am getting worried that my little one will feel left out or something. Right now all of my attention goes to her when i get home. She is a big mommas girl. She likes to go to daddy and rough house but when it is cuddle time all she wants is momma. I am worried at first when the new baby comes. Will she feel neglected? Will i be able to take care of both of them right away? If i remember right i was a little sore from having her for the first few days. Will i be able to pick her up like now?What was your experience with babies close together. How did you keep things in balance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My last 2 are 15 months apart, and it has really never been an issue. It was amazing how curious she was with her sister. I will be adding another in Oct. (21 months apart this time), and I figure jelousy will come into play this time. You can do it mama. Try not to worry.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 3:22 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I have two kids that is 11 months apart. When my daughter first met her baby brother she pushed him away...then again she was only 11 months old. Eventually my daughter started to hold my son and she wanted to feed him. I did let her but I was always right next to her. As for feeling neglected I dont think she will as long as you pay attention to her also. Also 3 days after my son was born I was up decorating for my daughters 1st birthday. It can be done you will get yourself into a routine but it may take a week or two. Did I mention I am also a single mom and I had to divide my attention between two kids?
    alaskansglmom

Answer by alaskansglmom at 3:29 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• All of my children are really close together... I have two that are 13 months apart. It was always really important to me to make sure that the older ones had alone time with momma whether it was reading a bed time story or giving them a bath. But it was also just as important that we spent time together as a family. I really think it's all about balance and scheduling. Of course every child will react differently to a new baby but let them have some time together. They will end up becoming best play mates when they are a bit older. Mine are. Good luck!
    apattinson

Answer by apattinson at 3:35 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• OMG.......
    Anonymous

• I due with my second in Nov. and he will be 14 months younger than his sister. I think there of course will be a small period of time that the older child will not get your attention (between labor, delivery, and recovery) but just know that it is only temporary and don't feel guilty about that. Afterwards just make sure to give her plenty of attention.

One thing I was thinking of is finding some toys/activity books that I could give her during the first few days (one thing per day) that will distract her from her "jealousy" =)

I think no matter when you have the 2nd child there will be a big transition for the first. My hopes are that my first will be so young that she won't notice too much!!
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 4:00 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• My first two were 14mo apart and my first was a girl also and she was so spoiled to me it wasen't funny! I got her a baby doll and talked to her about loveing her baby like i loved her and takeing care of her she gave her a bath with her bath and fed her when she ate,etc. I tried to make it the same when baby came home,except everything with her doll was done when i did baby. She had a rocker and when I fed baby and rocked him she did the same.When babys' were sleeping I tried to do something special for her and pointed out how baby couldn't do it because he was to little. It worked and they were really close. She tried to mother him when he was a little older. I had another one 8yr later and wished he had a sister or a brother as close.
    BettyBoo108

Answer by BettyBoo108 at 4:12 PM on Jun. 9, 2009