When do you know if you have lost your "plug"

I am 37.5 wks prego with baby #2 and have no memory of losing it with my daughter.. but I just went to the restroom and there was alot of yellowish mucus on my TP which has never been there before this time.. there was alot there but not as much as I would think a plug to be... could you lose it a little at a time and what color is it,, I am soo lost!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• hmmmm....i wonder if u arent leaking fluid - the color my plug was red w/a pink tinge to it. it kinda reminded me of snot. good luck!!
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 4:05 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• yes,, mine reminded me of snot as well, just yellowish.. not pink red or darker.. thats why I am a bit confused.. also, since this has happened, i have had lots of lower back pain and a few non timeable contractions..
    Mom2Meredith

Answer by Mom2Meredith at 4:17 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I lost my plug, it was mostly clear/whitish. And, had a baby within hours! LOL. With my first son, I didn't remember ever losing my plug.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 4:17 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I had to ask my Dr about this awhile back. I'll be 36 weeks Thursday and I have just yellow/green mucous when I wipe and he said it was my plug but that it was coming out in pieces. I still occasionally have it but I have learned that your plug can regrow itself so you can just keep losing it. Some women may not even know they've lost it - may think they're just having heavier discharge than normal.
    There's also a "plug with bloody show" From what I understand, that's when the mucous plug is lost with bloody streaks and what not.
    HTH mama :-)
    Aidans_Mom915

Answer by Aidans_Mom915 at 4:21 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Yes it can come out in several pieces and over several weeks.

What you describe sounds exactly like what I've been having and what I had when I lost it with my daughter.
    Anonymous

• green discharge is a sign of infection
    Anonymous

• well this definately wasn't green it was whitish yellowish color.. I will just have to wait it out I guess
    Mom2Meredith

Answer by Mom2Meredith at 6:47 PM on Jun. 9, 2009