When you all had your children...

vaccinated, did they get sick, and what were some of the things that happened (fever, hives, seizures, etc.), and are your children okay now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son never had problems , my daughter hasnt either
    my brothers and sisters didnt have problems either and neither did i
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:16 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• My daughter was fine. I gave her a dose of tylenol about an hour before she had them. She had no reaction what so ever. She was a but cranky after the ones when she was 2, but I think cause she was mad she had to get shots. She is 5 now and is perfectly fine. She is smart and has never been "behind" at anything.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 3:23 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• my daughter went into cardiac arrest after her 6 months shots. however, she did have a heart condition. it was the only instance of cardiac arrest and we are not sure what caused it.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 3:32 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• my son didnt have any problems
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 3:46 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• My daughter's only problem was that she would be cranky the rest of the day, but the next morning she was back to normal every time.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 3:50 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Don't listen to vaccination horror stories. They are perfectly fine for your baby! My son did cry for about a couple minutes but I brought things that he liked to cheer him up and if needed you can always give them the recommended dose of Tylenol.
    ours

Answer by ours at 4:07 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• After my son's 1st set of shots @ 2 months he was fussy for a few days but that was it. Never had a fever, rashes, etc. and it only happened the 1st time.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 5:01 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Oh and I forgot to add that that was without Tylenol so he did pretty good.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 5:04 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• My son didn't have any problems. He is usually just overly sleepy and can be a little more irritable..but usually only lasts the rest of the day...then he's back to my happy little goofball =)
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 5:16 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Other than the usually being fussy after a shot ... My kids had no problems! I really wouldn't worry to much about it. Sure there are many side effects, but very rarely do they happen especially with kids who are healthy. If your baby has an illness of some kind consult with your doctor about your concerns. Googling, or looking up other peoples issues isn't going to help you! Good luck!
    ShiningStar24

Answer by ShiningStar24 at 5:17 PM on Jun. 9, 2009