Hyperthyroid 6 mths postpartum????

So, my doc thought I had PPD since I've been edgy and emotional since April, but the meds didn't help the insomnia and I kept having hot flashes, so I requested a blood test for my thyroid. Turns out I'm hyper and I'm still waiting on an appt with the specialist.
Two weeks ago I had the first normal period since DD was born in December. The day after my period ended, I stopped having all the symptoms- no hot flashes, no anxiety, slept great even with middle of the night feedings. I thought it had healed itself and was so thankful. Now the hot flashes, agitation and insomnia are back as of 4 days ago. Even 10mg of Ambien doesn't help. Has anyone else experienced this?? Did it go away??? Please let me know your experiences and any advice you may have. Thanks!!!!

MommyOfCarina

Asked by MommyOfCarina at 3:34 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Health

• what are your antibodies level mine were borderline meaning probable? Do you have a family history of this?
    Anonymous

• They did not tell me- just that I am most likely hyperthyroid and need to keep an eye on my heart rate until the endo can see me. There is no family history. Were your symptoms similar? I was crying all the time but thankfully that hasn't come back.
    MommyOfCarina

Answer by MommyOfCarina at 3:47 PM on Jun. 9, 2009