What is your opinion on giving away your babies clothes to a friend?

So my best friend has a daugher who has out grown alot of her clothes. She is not having anymore children and is selling them as her daugher grows out of them. I have bought some from her... If it were me, I would just offer them to my best friend and not charge them... How do you feel about this situation??

MaddysMommy788

Asked by MaddysMommy788 at 3:39 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• well-she might need to money or she might think that she is doing you a favor by not selling them to someone else.

Not everyone **likes** to give their stuff away. There are neighborhoods here where I live-lots of new builds-where they sell there kids clothes at yards sales for near new prices. CRAZY.

Anonymous

• id just give them away\
    if my best friend has a girl in dec im giving her all of our daughters clothes
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:43 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I wouldn't charge anyone for my old baby clothes, unless I was having a garage sale or something. Baby clothes are not that expensive and if your child has grown out of them and you have no use for them anymore, why not just give them away? Especially if its to a good friend. My cousin had a little boy who is now a year old and she is giving me ALL the clothes that don't fit him anymore for free. My other friend gave me all her old maternity clothes for free. But hey I guess not everyone thinks the same way about things like that. In my personal opinion I would give them away for free to my friends. But that's just me.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 3:43 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• people are different. maybe she needs the money? i mean, i understand u, however it's not like she has to do it. She spend money on the clothes, and just wants some of it back. I sell my girls clothes and use it to buy them new clothes. kinda like getting them on discount.
    3gurlsmom

Answer by 3gurlsmom at 3:45 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• i keep the ones i really like and may use for a patch blanket, the rest i have given to friends & family. it's just stuff, i;m not gonna charge money for it.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 3:45 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Sounds like she needs the money to buy new clothes maybe.
    Anonymous

• Hey Carly! I have so many of Ava's clothes that she has out grown. If you want them there yours. She's in 18 to 24 months so I have a lot of 9 to 12 months that I could ship you. I would never have a friend pay for clothes that she out grew but that's just me. I guess if she needs the money then maybe.
    mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 3:49 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I always give away my kids' clothes. I have so many people give me clothes for my kids, and I hardly ever have to buy them clothes myself.
    If I can't find someone to give them to, I send them to a "Harbor House". They get distributed to families of domestic abuse/needy families.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 3:51 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• My son wears all name brand stuff and I have paid up to $70 for an outfit. There's no way I'd give that away. I do give away the stuff I didn't pay much for.
    Anonymous

• i gave all my daughter's clothes to my dh's cousin (she's pregnant with a girl & i'm having a boy so i don't need them anymore)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:00 PM on Jun. 9, 2009