Back and forth to the refrigerator...all day long; she wants to eat constantly! HELP!

My dd just turned 2 and has finally began eating good. Well, all day long all she wants to do is eat! We have a safety lock on the fridge so she will stand there and whine all day for food. 10 minutes ago I gave her a cheese sandwich; she ate part of it and back to the fridge for "something" else. I can't get any housework done, she no longer plays. All she wants is "something" from the fridge. It's driving me crazy! Now, she was a premmie and it only 26 lbs so maybe she is just trying to catch up? I just don't know. What are your thoughts, ladies! Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Food & Drink

• She should be eating a variety of healthy foods: fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans, etc.
    She may be thirsty, too, so give her a sippy cup of water.
    Have her "help" you with chores, picking up cushions while you vaccum, dusting, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:01 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• i think she is board.. my little one does that to.. just tell her know and get her doing something else.. i just tell him "no go play" and he stands there and yells and run off.. just dont give in..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 3:54 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Feed her three meals a day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) and two snacks a day between the meals. (but healthy snacks, like an apple or trail mix.) Thats all she needs, premmie or not thats all she needs for happy healthy growth. Don't do like my husbands parents did and give in to their every wish (now he struggles with a weight problem because when he wants food be it that he's hungry or bored, he gets it) Dont train her mind that way. And if she whines, just plain IGNORE it. Eventually she'll get bored and go play instead of eat.
    Anonymous

• just tell her she needs to finish what she has before she gets anything else. if she is actually hungry she will eat it, if not she will go play. what i do between meals/snacks is set out some grapes or apple slices and if they are hungry they can munch on those.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 4:02 PM on Jun. 9, 2009