If you give money to the church-

do you want that money to go towards feeding the hungry or towards keeping up the church? I received some envelopes this month and noticed there was an extra for utilities and up keep and the other envelopes are used towards charity. I did not know that. I like the majority of the money goes to help other.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would want to know how much the pastor was raking in before they starting asking for more money for utilities and upkeep.
    Anonymous

• I let the church decide.
    Anonymous

• I just tithe to the church and let them do with it what needs to be done.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:58 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I don't go to church, but my dad is the treasurer at his church and he says his church barely gets by with all the bills and upkeep and paying the pastor, who isn't raking in a ton. If I went to church I would probably ask that a portion go to each.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:58 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• We just give what we can and let the Church decide. Usually there is a second collection I think every 2nd week of each month for utilities, so the majority is going to help others in some way shape or form.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 4:09 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Don't most pastors get all the money then pay the lights and heat and stuff on the church building? I know churches are tax-exempt......
    Anonymous

• I tithe to the church a certain amount anything above that is an offering .
    the tithe goes toward missions .
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:11 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• It is up to God to decide.
    Anonymous

• I just give and whatever they do with it is them.. I hope it is to help people and pay the bills
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 4:18 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• If it is a good church I wouldn't care they need help too in the bills God knows what our intentions are so where ever the money goes is good enough for me.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:39 PM on Jun. 9, 2009