did any of you ever leave your faith and then return?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:50 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, I have always believed the way I do now. I was raised outside my faith but was never a fan of the things I was taught. Even as a child I didn't believe them and followed this path as much as I could. As an adult I have refined some beliefs but have always believed this way in general.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:57 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• My hubby and I are Catholic. I'm a convert and he's what they call a "revert", as in he left the faith and returned. I think it was good for him, made him much stronger in his beliefs and it was nice that when I converted we were really learning some of the things together that I had to learn to join the Church.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 4:05 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Yes, I got saved by Jesus when i was about 18 then i back slide when i was about 20 and came back to the Lord when i was 24 and haven't went back and if i knew what i knew now i would have never left the Lord.. Please forgive me Jesus.

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 4:17 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I didn't leave it as much as I sought other religions to see if mine was the true one for me. I minored in religious studies in college. I checked out all the ones that were of interest to me. In the end I returned to my original beliefs so it's the right one for me.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:19 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• yes... i was raised christian and saved as a child. in my late teens i went way down some wrong paths. i always had my faith deep inside, but i was not living right. now my faith is stronger than ever and i thank God everyday for forgiving me. i try my best to raise my children in Gods love.
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 5:08 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Yep... was saved when I was 12. Walked away when I was 17. Kept going to church but completely left my faith/religion/ etc. began practicing Wicca... returned to a relationship with Christ when I was 22.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 5:27 PM on Jun. 9, 2009