Anyone know how to apply for citizenship for DH

I have no clue how to even start, were to get the paper work, and how to know that I need please help!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• GO to www.uscis.gov. You can get info from there.
    Anonymous

• go to www.uscis.gov and then go talk to a lawyer
    Anonymous

• My hubby is not a citizen but he has his greencard and he just filled out paper work and applied for his current satus and the uscis.gov website was very helpful. Since I brought him over on a fiance visa he and I did have to interview together after we were married to make sure that we weren't trying to scam the US government but other than that all I remember was a lot of paper work, and several hundreds of dollars later (perhaps when all said and done well over a thousand dollars) he recieved his greencard. I've asked him does he want to become a citizen and he says he's not sure yet.

I work here at the University of MD and we have alot of folks here from other countries and while many have visas or greencards some actually become citizens and they say it takes a few thousand dollars to do that. How true it is I'm not sure.

Good luck!
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 4:10 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Oh, and I agree with the whole talk to a lawyer. Save yourself some grief, although it might not be cheap.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 4:11 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• call immigration or look online. They will be glad to help

Answer by admckenzie at 4:49 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Since you've already gotten good advice, I just thought I'd let you know there is a cafemom group for those going through the immigration process. Good luck with everything! My husband became a citizen this year and although it's not the easiest process, it's more than worth the trouble.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/theimmigrationprocess
    Anonymous