does anyone know the average salary of a pastor?

I know they are not raking it in however I am not sure I ever thought about what a pastor makes. Maybe it depends on the denomination?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Depends on the area. In some areas-its really poor so they take what they can get.

But- in other areas-they are money hungry. There is a baptist church that is ALWAYS asking for money here. They have 2 large plasma tvs in that church. Makes me sick.
    Anonymous

• I don't think there is an "average". I also don't think it depends on the denomination...there are greedy people in each one. It depends on the size of the church and the area where it's located. My pastor keeps his professor job p/t which allows him to take a very small salary from the church.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 4:09 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• The guy here gets a salary, his own condo on the water with all expenses paid, a new cadillac every 2 yrs with a paid gas account, (his wife gets the old car but drives his new one), the wife guilts the congregation into giving him and his entire family (2 grown married daughters and families) two week's paid vacation at Disneyworld or Bahamas or wherever the wife wants to go with first class accommodations. She told him he needed stress relief so she told the congregation to buy him a fishing boat. They did. He's a meek and mild man and she's a pushy woman who wants everything material given to her and she bullies the congregation until she gets it all in the name of Jesus. I hope God has a talk with her about it. I hope he preaches on you can't love God and money but she won't listen. She wanted me to pay him to come up to the hospital to pray for me before surgery! . I asked how much would an over the phone prayer cost me?

Answer by admckenzie at 4:16 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• What does it matter?
    Anonymous

• it differs dependent on location.

but one pastor in cleveland..has a private jet, mansion, drives a bentley....what does tha say for his cash?
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 4:18 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• religion, sex and politics pay.

your employed in one of those fields....your good
    moki1984

• My dad is pastor of a smaller church. He gets 50% of the offering after 10% is taken out for missions. He makes an average between 42,000 and 48,000 a year. He also has a cap on it so he can only make 52,000 (1,000 a week) if it would ever get that high.
    Anonymous