30 weeks and not eating?

Its not that I cant eat I just dont want to..
I am over weight by 80 or so lbs.. My dr says that going a day or two with no food is FINE for baby but NOT ok for me..
How can I eat if DH and I are fighting and causeing me to feel sick? I was 276 at my first appt and yesterday i was 263.. baby is big and moving around all the time I just dont want to eat..
What can I do to phsyc my self into eating?
I have even tried smoking a lil to get the munchies I get hungry but I dont eat...
I am a bad mom and a bad person...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Towards the end of my pregnancy, it was very hard for me to eat. I was constantly puking. LIterally, everytime ANYTHING went in my mouth, it would come out within minutes. I know how hard it is to eat, especially when you just don't have the desire. I would just tell myself that it's gonna suck, but I have to. And then eat something small. That would generally taste the same coming up. Applesauce is good for that! LOL
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 4:15 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• cmon' make sure you eat...i gained 70 pounds with both my kids...but guess what? they r healthy. and im healthy now so make sure you take care of yourself :)
    guitarmom101

Answer by guitarmom101 at 4:16 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I am 31 weeks and I don't want to eat either. I weighed 130 when I got pg and I am at 170 I know thats doesn't sound bad to you but I am very depressed about it becasue I gain weight only in my belly...no boobs... no ass nothing and I am scard I will never lose the weight. So I just eat fruits now thats it and I do pour sugar on them but its ok cause I feel like I am eat good food and it won't make me gain weight...
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 4:18 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• oh..careful with the nuggets, just wait til baby is born :)
    guitarmom101

Answer by guitarmom101 at 4:18 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• If you don't feel like eating then don't. I only eat when I'm hungry. Right now just try to perk up and if you need to get away for a bit that's fine. Everyone does sometimes.
    ours

Answer by ours at 4:27 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• OP- I have not gained anything I AM LOOSING WEIGHT!!! I have lost in total 25 lbs so far I gained only a little back but I am LOOSING it again!!!!
    Also I am going on 4 days of nothing but water and a popcycle... HOW can I make my self eat.. I just dont want to.. its hard I am soooo depressed!
    Anonymous

• Like the doctor said, your baby is fine, but of course it's not the best for you. Good job on drinking water though. :] That's better than me so far.

Have you had any cravings? Does ANYTHING besides popsicles sound good? Maybe a smoothie. :] And like I said, if you're so depressed GET AWAY. How is staying in a stressful situation that is causing you to not eat good for you?
    ours

Answer by ours at 4:39 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Get some ensure drinks. Or take ur prenatal vitamins with some crackers. Go to a buffet, maybe that will help. Go eat some sweets with fruits on it, You can't starve ur baby, eating fruits and vegs won't make u really gain weight. Your body without food will start to eat itself.
    Anonymous

• maybe u need to make urself eat and tell ur self hey stop acting like a baby and eat for the baby. When I was only a few weeks pregnant up till like 8 weeks pregnant, every food didnt look good to me but sometimes cereal. I had to make myself eat and was also loosing a little weight. I told the doctor, but now I've gained about 35lbs and I'm 35 weeks pregnant.
    Anonymous

• Keep your head up, honey. If your doctor says your baby is fine I'm sure he's right. I've lost 15 pounds with this pregnancy... I eat, but apparently baby needs more!!! If you can eat popsicles, try to mix up a smoothie, like someone else suggested. Little snacks throught the day may work better than sitting down in front of a plate of food. Try fruits that a watery like Melons.... I hope things perk up for you. You shouldn't be depressed, your about to see the little miracle in a few weeks (10 wks will be here before you know it!!!) If you need to talk, you can email me, I'm a great listener!!! Take care, hon.
    kayla_trinity

Answer by kayla_trinity at 9:20 PM on Jun. 9, 2009