the chicken is frozen!

i got chicken out for dinner but it didnt thaw...can i still cook it? i really have nothing else, everything else is frozen haha, so if not its pizza for dinner tonight....thanks in advance

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Food & Drink

• fill the kitchen sink up with HOT water and put the chicken in it, it will help it thaw out pretty quick
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:24 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• You can put it in a gallon bag in a sink of cool water or thaw it in microwave. how are you cooking it? alittle frozen may not hurt, just take longer but I like to thaw it.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:24 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• just defrost in mic.....if half thawed just do it for less pounds
    guitarmom101

Answer by guitarmom101 at 4:24 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• or stick it in the microwave on defrost and defrost it that way
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:24 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• You can still cook it, it'll just take longer. I would slice it up and do a stir fry type thing, though.
    misselphaba

Answer by misselphaba at 4:24 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Why don't you just put it in a pot of water and let it boil once it is cooked shred the meat off with a fork or wait for it to cool off and use your fingers to peel off the meat.

And use the meat to make taco's or enchiladas mmmm!!!! You gave me an idea I think we'll have that tonight.eating

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:34 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I never thaw my chicken first. Well I usually make chicken breasts. I cook it for around an hour in the oven at like 375 and its done :)
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 4:34 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I"d throw it right in the oven, but make sure you add a little bit of water and you'll have to cook it a little longer.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 4:38 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• thanks ladies! im happy to hear that haha. . ., i think i just boil it and make tacos or something that way thanks for the idea...sounds yummy. i love tacos and so does my dd.
    Anonymous

• to thaw fast...put the meat or whatever in a ziplock bag, close it, and put it in a pot of cold water. dont boil it or anything, just let it sit there. its thaws in like an hour or two...and doesnt start to cook funny like in the microwave. i do it all the time. my friends mil taught her and she taught me.
    brodysmama23

Answer by brodysmama23 at 5:01 PM on Jun. 9, 2009