• In the Spotlight:

What the hell is wrong with my husband?

Do I have a right to me mad? This is what happened to set me off. A week ago my mother told me that I could use her 5 acre property because she didnt want to live within a mile of her jerk exboyfriend. So my husband and I said we would def. take it! Well we have decided we are going to build a low impact house on it. So I told him that I didnt want to tell his parents about it yet. (We are staying with them right now) He agreed he wouldnt say anything. Next thing i know i hear him out in the kitchen talking to his mom about it! so i give him the evil eye, and right in front of his mom hes like, your just mad that i told my mom. I swear i wanted to kill him. This is not the first time hes done this. When i brought my daughter home from the hospital i was depressed and wanted to cosleep with her. Well he ended up telling his dad. and his dad is a minister and thinks cosleeping is a definite no no.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• thats a true moma;s boy for yeah
    Anonymous

• cont.. No matter what i said, my fil would not shut up about it. So i went out and got a crib, that i knew my baby wasnt going to use for a year, and take up space in our already small room just so i could trick FIL in to thinking that DD was sleeping in it. Well just today he told MIL he was sick of DD sleeping in our bed. (he said this right in front of me!) If MIL tells FIL, and FIL in law gets on my case again, i am going to be pissed as hell. do i have a right to be mad?
    Anonymous

• He needs to grow up. Mommy and daddy do not need to know everything about your life. Talk to your husband about it ASAP. Its never a good thing when people know too much about you, they later use it against you and judge you, even parents. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• cont... (sorry) We are a married couple for christs sake. does he have to tell his parents everything? cant we ever have anything to ourselves?
    Anonymous

• I would get out of their house as fast as possible, and tell dh to grow up and become a man.

I would be ticked too. Why do they care so much if you co sleep, its your baby.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:46 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• You have EVERY right to be pissed. Let me tell you this, IGNORE what they say and sleep with your baby if that is what you want to do. At this point its hard for you to take your DH serious until he "cuts the umbilical cord". Than have a serious discussion with your DH.
    Anonymous

• you need to whip him into shape...i would be madder than hell...i mean god how rude of him...i wouldve hit him
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 4:50 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• DH used to pull the same shit with me. I finally told him, if he wanted to have a better relationship with his mom than with me fine, I'd be leaving. I packed my stuff, and my dd's and went to stay with my family for a little bit. He figured out I meant business, and decided our marriage and family was more important than his mom. MIL was mad as hell that she couldn't control her son anymore, but oh well she got over it soon enough.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 4:51 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Just take him by the ear and twist as hard as you can and tell him to stop doing this you are fed up with it.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:52 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• i would be pissed too! he needs to stop running to mommy every time he doesn't agree with you or go against your wishes and discuss things with them. i would sit down and have a nice long talk (preferably not at his parents house, maybe ask them to babysit and go to dinner, or ask your mom to if you don't want them to) tell him that each time he runs to his parents to tell them stuff you that the two of you have talked about and decided not to tell them or they change his mind just b/c that is what they think, that they don't have anything to back it up, it questions you as a mother and as a wife. if that doesn't work. its childish but i'd have to show him how it feels and be calling a family member or close friend every time he says something running to them w/it
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:53 PM on Jun. 9, 2009