can a child really be saved?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• The Bible says all you need is the faith of a child to believe... so yes. It's so simple that even a child can be saved.

bonn777- just curious- how did you come up with 12 and 13 being the age of accountability?
    beccare2000

Answer by beccare2000 at 6:13 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• no, no one can. Being saved is a crock. Jesus is already in you, he saved us when he died on the cross. Just love him & love others, that's all you need.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:43 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• If they are old enough to understand that they must belive in Jesus and him alone for salvation then yes.

I believe its a different age for all kids...b/c they all mature and have different levels of understanding. When a child becomes saved, I HOPE that the pastor and parents talk at great lengths with the child to ensure they are doing it for the right reasons. ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:44 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Children are the innocent and the ones God holds most dear. As we get old enough to know right from wrong, we must ask God's forgiveness and in order to receive his forgiveness, we must be saved. My daughter was dedicated to the church at 14 months but was not baptized until she went to our preacher at 7 years of age and told him she wanted to be baptized and why.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 4:55 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• A child can receive Christ at an early age and even begin ministering at an early age. Although the age of accountability is not until 12 or 13.. children can and have invited Jesus into their heart. When we have baptisms it's great to see ones that are 6, 7, and 8 years old being baptized.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 5:22 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I agree with bonn. My dd has accepted Jesus. And she is 4. It is her choice. We are a Christian family and we teach her the scriptures and we pray together, but I would say that I see her have her own faith in God too.

I will walk down the hall and I will see her in her room praying. I don't know what choices she will make as she grows up, that is up to her, but I will continue to encourage her in her walk with God.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 6:03 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I have heard of 12 or 13 being the age of accountability as well. B/c its the age Jesus started teaching in the temple.

But keep in mind that that age is different for kids....some may be on a 13 year old mental level at 10, others not until 15.
    Anonymous