ovarian cysts or cancer?

I went in for my yearly last mth and my dr asked how my periods were going and i said that they have been way off these past few mths that i thought i was pregnant and they have never been like that so she sent me in for a ultrasound to see if something was wrong..well it comes back that their is something on my left ovary. she cant say for sure what it is...so she is sending me to a gyno and they cant get me in until the 10th of july. So i was just wondering if anyone has had an experience like this? or if i should be worried? even if it was a cysts (which i have had before) could that be the reason for my weird periods or why i am not getting pregnant after trying for so long? Just wondering. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:47 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Health

• ovarian cysts are very common. I had two removed when i was sixteen. If you had cancer im pretty sure that would cause an abnormal pap, which your doc should have done if it was your yearly. Cysts wont cause abnormalities on your pap though
    Anne.Marie

Answer by Anne.Marie at 6:10 PM on Jun. 9, 2009