Own Room

How old was your baby when you put him/her in their own room rather then sleeping in your room?

Nikky0803PAG

Asked by Nikky0803PAG at 4:52 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• The older boys were 3 months but Eli is now 4 months and still in my room but I nurse and he still night nurses. If he was bottle fed I would probably have him in his own room. Though I may start next week in his room (but right now he is sick so I dont want him in there yet.)
    legalmom343

Answer by legalmom343 at 9:51 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• My older 3 were all around 6 months. That's when I was sure they were sleeping soundly through the night (for at least 8-10 hours). And they had rooms on another floor from me.

My youngest slept in our room until she was 15 months because we had no where else to put her. She is a super light sleeper so putting her in with her sisters was not an option. They would have kept her up all night.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:54 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• 1 month after they grew out of the bassinet! Naturally, I had a TV style baby monitor on my nightstand...waking up with every little sound to take a peek! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:55 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• my daughter was 3 1/2 months her room was across the hall and we kept the doors open. she had grown out of the bassinet and a crib wouldn't fit into our room. then we moved and she had to room w/us so she was in our room from the age of 10 months til she was 2 1/2.
    our little guy will be in our room until we move out of this house b/c there is no room for him anywhere else.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:55 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• We just moved into a new house and my son decided that he wanted to start sleeping in his own room - he's 4 this month. He had his own room at the old apartment, but he just didn't want to sleep there. So 4.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 7:19 PM on Jun. 9, 2009