Why are late term abortions needed anyways? Cant a woman have the decency to decide before the baby is almost full term. Doesnt she owe her baby THAT at least?

I hate abortions, but if they must occur. Why late term?

Why would you wait until you are almost full term to decide? The idea of a late term abortion makes me nauseated. Literally.

Yes, I am posting anon, this is a hotbutton issue and dont feel like answering ugly email.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I dont know.....most of the women on here really do not care.....
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 5:01 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• why do you want to start a fight?
    Anonymous

• Late term abortions, contrary to popular opinion, are not an often occurrence. Most late term abortions are the result of the threatened health of the mother. It is not a decision that is come to without thought, consideration and heartache. You should just be grateful that it is a decision that you have not has to face.
    blakebrm

Answer by blakebrm at 5:04 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• No, no fight. I really want to know why someone would wait that long to decide.
    Anonymous

• *had
    blakebrm

Answer by blakebrm at 5:05 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• If the mom's life is in danger, why not c-section and have the baby? Wouldn't that solve the problem?
    Anonymous

• OP here: when I ask this, I am in NO WAY talking about a woman who has a DNC done because of a miscarriage.  That is not a choice that is a heartbreak and not the same thing at all.  ( I have heard that argument before, I thought I would set it strait now)

Anonymous

• I think the occurrence of the mothers life being in danger and abortion being the answer is highly unlikely.

Usually they just deliver early and hope for the best.
    Anonymous

• It makes me sick too. You can look up on youtube late term abortions, it's called a partial birth. It's absolutely mind boggling that someone can do this! They pull the baby out except for the head, then suck out the brain. It makes my skin crawl to think about it. I'm always hoping anyone that does this something bad will happen to them. I agree, if you must, please do not wait untill the last minute. Some babies can survive born at 20 some weeks!!
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 5:09 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Abortions kill babies no matter how long they are in the uterus. Just because you cannot feel your baby move, or see your baby does not mean that they are not there and any less of a person. ALL babies need to be protected, and all moms have that responsibility. btw. it is rare that a mom's life is threatened by a pregnancy. If her life was threatened there are many ways to save the baby. My cousin had breast cancer while she was pregnant. She had chemo while she carried her baby. They planned a c-sec before the baby's due date so they could do another chemo treatment, and they baby was perfectly healthy and so is the mom :) These type of things are possible... its just easier to get rid of the baby than take those extra steps to protect the babies life.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 5:11 PM on Jun. 9, 2009