How is it being a single parent?

crazymom2006

Asked by crazymom2006 at 5:00 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• wow i'd thought you'd have some answers by now, because i'm curious sometime s i think i want to do it on my own but then when i see dad playing with his kids i get mad at myself like who am i to takke this away from them. good luck
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 5:31 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Depends on your situation. i'm a single mother and its hard. its not a cake walk. I was blessed with a very well behaved baby, so I am sure that helps! Her dad chooses to have nothing to do with her, otherwise I would have the visitation drama that one of my friends has. Depends if you can get along with your ex, or if it will be ugly fighting all the time. I like the PP hate to see a dad playing with his kids...it hurts me to know my daughter doesnt have that figure in her life. BUT for my situation its better, he would be a bad influence on her! Every situation is different. Some will say being a single parent is better and some will say its not. For me its better, for my friend its not.
    Anonymous

• It is twice as hard!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 5:47 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I preferred being a single mom. I no longer had to waste my energy fighting. I was able to schedule the lives of me and my 3 children and we could live in peace and have fun. I could give THEM all the attention I used to give their dad (in fighting). I was able to make a budget and stick to it without him buying some $200 tool and not telling me and having the checkbook bounce and we'd have to pay over draft charges. It just worked well for me.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:54 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• It's difficult but it was when I was married too. I felt like a single mom when I was with him, so it's not much different except for the fact that I do not have to answer to him anymore! FREEDOM! I no longer have to deal with his lying, cheating a** any longer and it feels good. He is someone else's problem now...thank goodness! And he lives far away from me, which works well for me.
    bookworm65

Answer by bookworm65 at 3:01 AM on Jun. 10, 2009