My mom is on my F'n NERVES!!!

AAHHH okay im thankful i have a mom i love her honestly but lately shes on my DAMN NERVES!!! i was just in the kitchen feeding my son, he was sitting in his daddys lap eating off of a spoon, well he kept looking away from me so it was getting messy, but that happens right, wipe his face change his clothes and no worries?! well my mom is standing right over me the ENTIRE time, and just keeps making comments on how im feeding him..so finally i got tired of it and was like " would it make you better to feed him yourself" and she snatched the spoon and i got aggrivated..im tired of her being on top of me for everything theres no reason for it..hes six months old, shes not giving "advice" shes being snappy and i wanna tell her to back the hell up. She was more of a distraction than a helping hand!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• I've got news for you, even when you have your own place away from her she'll still question everything you do! :D My mom still calls (I have 2 children :7yrs & 22 months) She asks "have you fed them yet" (no, I'm starving them?! wth?) She comments on their bed time! "They're still up?" with that disapproving tone! :D Mothers will always think you don't know as much as they do, we are THEIR babies! If it truly bothers you, tell her "I've got it", or "Thanks for the advice, but I prefer to do things my way". Good luck :o)

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:23 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• If it was my mom I would staright up tell her to get off my ass and let me do things my own way.
    Older people seem to think they know everything so shes only trying to help I think. But they arent always right.
    Damions_mom

Answer by Damions_mom at 5:04 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• i remember those dayz...living with family usually dosent work..just try to cope n get out when you can
    guitarmom101

Answer by guitarmom101 at 5:06 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• move out that is
    guitarmom101

• Respect your elders!
    Anonymous

• Ahhhhh I know exactly how you feel, my mom did this to me with my first child my DD who is now seven, EVERTHING I did was wrong or wasnt the way it should be done or wasnt HER way, it eventually got so bad that she treatened to call CPS on me and have my baby taken away so to prevent that I gave her guardianship (stupid of me I know and I was very yougn and didnt know any better) seven years later my DD still lives with my mom, I have another child now my ten month old son and when I visited with her with him she tried to do the samething I just told her "look he is with me all the time alone no help from anyone and he is fine healthy happy baby so back off" I wuld suggest to you moving out asap so she is not there to check up on you and what you do.
    Anonymous

• Thanks ladies..and i DEF am moving out.this wasnt supposed to happen anyways, just a little mishap, im looking for a job and a place NOW!!! lol..i gotta get away from her and her sideways comments..anon :21 are you getting your baby back!?
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 5:28 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• laughingThis reminds me of an Excedrin commercial back in the olden days. Some mother was trying to help the dd and the dd got pissed and said "MOTHER PLEASE! I'd rather do it myself!" That was the biggest thing back then. Daughters all over America was saying that! We all get annoyed with Mom but guess what? They die and we miss having them care and hover over us. It won't last long. You will deal with it and all will be well.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:50 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• anon :21 here, and well IDK I am trying to work things out with my mom about the whole thing, but really my DD is very happy there with her grandma, so in a way I feel very bad for wanting her to come live with me and her brother but she does come to visit and stay its really sad that things happend that way it hindered everything including the bond I really should have with my DD
    Anonymous