measuring a week behind?

why would someone measure a week behind?
I had a u/s today to determine size (due to GD) and to see when I would possibly be induced (37 or 38 wks) and the techinican said i was measuring for 34 w 5 d when I am exactly 36 wks today.

AshleyRoseG

Asked by AshleyRoseG at 5:13 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• u/s are not completely accurate, especially when they are measured later in pregnancy. Also, don't induce unless there is a medical emergancy... it has so many risks and increases your chances of a c-sec. Let your baby come when he/she is ready.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 5:21 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• the doctor already saud she would be inducing it's just a matter of when, this pregnancy has been riddled with various complications ( luckily nothing threatening really..just bothersome.)..but anyways..yeha, i don't know if it will change based on what the u/s results said today, the tech said the baby was " over 5lbs " and i was measuring 34 w 5 d...she also said herself that it's not always 100%, and sometimes they're off..and in my case it wasn't by much..not a big deal my baby was normal even for 36 w. ( maybe just a TAD small) but I'm small too..(4'7)
    AshleyRoseG

Answer by AshleyRoseG at 9:59 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• sorry typo. *said*
    AshleyRoseG

Answer by AshleyRoseG at 10:00 PM on Jun. 9, 2009