There's really NOTHING I can do, huh?

Even though I'm not due till Friday, I don't really feel different. Baby dropped over a week ago, I've dilated and effaced some but ughh.
If I don't go into labor naturally they're going to induce me at 41 weeks, I know I don't HAVE to be induced but I'd want her out so bad, I just really really want to go into labor naturally and have the whole experience.
My doctor only delivers at the hospital Monday and Tuesday nights, and so if I don't go into labor today/tonight my doctor wont be delivering my baby. There's a chance she could If I was 3-4 days overdue but I'm really hoping I don't go over due. ]:

CamiiiCompasion

Asked by CamiiiCompasion at 5:21 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Find some stairs, run up and down. Eat spicey foods. Do some squats. Come on! You can get that baby out!

I hope things work out for ya! And CONGRATS!
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 5:26 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• you know with my first I was soooo worried as well. I thought my due date was different than what the doctors wrote down and so I didn't know I was past due until they wanted to set up a nonstress test. I had absolutely no signs that I was going to have the baby anytime soon and I was considering not going to my appointment because I knew what happened with my sister when she had it done.. they would not let her leave the hospital after her nonstress test or if she left she would have to pay for the hospital visit... it ended up in a c-sec. So, I was so scared it would happen to me, Well, I ended up going into labor that night. I was 3 days past due only from the u/s due date and 5 days past my original due date. I would just keep hyrdated, walk up and down steps, etc. Sometimes you just have no idea labor is coming until it comes.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 5:27 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• It's really irritating because I'm adopted, so my mom has never given birth. And she keeps asking if I feel "different" , and i keep telling her that labor can just happen and you can have no signs of it. But she believes everything she reads on the internet.
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 5:30 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Maybe call your doc and see if you can get induced tonight or tomorrow. Sorry just thought i would add that.

And yeah i agree, labor can go from you feeling GREAT fully closed and thick... to pushing in the matter of minutes!!!

mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 5:32 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I've taken long walks, and all I get from it is more pelvic pain. The only I cramps I get is from gas. hahaha
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 5:37 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• im due tomorrow. and im terrified of going over so i know how you feel.. ive had my membranes stripped TWICE, lots of sex, walking. apparently girls these days are stubborn! (im having a a girl too!)

good luck and i hope you find something that works.. my moms trying to get me to do the castor oil but im afraid that wont work either and ill just end up on the toilet all night but she said she knows people who its worked for.. and my best friend was a castor oil baby.. try that if it comes down to it.
    USMC_Elisa

Answer by USMC_Elisa at 5:47 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I've had 2 membrane strippings as well!!
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 5:48 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• This may not help either but I have heard if you eat lots of fresh pineapple, there is a something in fresh only that will cause you to go into labor.. why I have no idea, i googled it and thats what it said.. Doc also said, walking and spicy food.. the spicy food did it for me with my little girl, nothing has helped with this one.. we shall see :) Good luck to all

PS- I did hear that castor oil only works if you are close if not, if could just cause your baby to have a BM in the womb and could be dangerous for the baby because they could swallow it.. just a thought.. :)
    Mom2Meredith

Answer by Mom2Meredith at 5:54 PM on Jun. 9, 2009