Ummm...I just found out that I miscarried. I didn't know I was pregnant...

I had what I thought was a blood clot last night, I went to the doctor today and he said that my urine showed pregnancy and that I had miscarried. I had my tubes tied 5yrs. ago. I feel so awkward. I cried but I'm not really sad about it cause I don't feel like I was ever pregnant. So strange....he said it is actually more common than I would think. He said a few weeks ago he had a lady in the office that he had a vicectomy and she had her tubes tied and she still got pregnant. Have you ever had anything like this happen. I told my mom and a couple girlfriends and they said sorry, I don't feel upset or like there is anything to be sorry about. It just is soooo awkward. My husband made me laugh though. Now he thinks he has SUPER SPERM. Crazy.

theboysmom311

Asked by theboysmom311 at 5:37 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• huh i have never heard of anything like that. well i guess no matter what you do, there is always a chance of getting pregnant.
    kelsey.evans08

Answer by kelsey.evans08 at 5:42 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• i have. thats crazy though. well yeah
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 5:43 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• ive heard of it..but never seen anyone experience it...atleast you dont feel like you went through a major tragedy! the docs say that alot of women miscarry monthly and dont notice it because its soo soon!! i thought i did once, and it was just creepy...i didnt go to the doc for it though! just kinda let it ride to see what would come of it....
    Anonymous

• My mother had her tubes tied almost 21 yrs ago. So last year when she told us that the problems she had been having was because she was pregnant & miscarried we were all floored by it. She had them tied right after she had the last of 5 kids. She has 12 grandkids so wasn't really expecting to be told something like that. She was 48 last year when this happened...she thought she was going through "the change". She was relieved that she miscarried (as were we...her boyfriends NOT dad material) Her health problems cleared up after doing a d&c after the miscarraige. She had been like 4 months along when they found it & it had been dead for few weeks. I know of others that have gotten pregnant after having tubes tied too. I just recently started dating someone & he has 4 kids(i have 3). He was happy i've got my tubes tied so there would be no more. we have enough between us...lol. I told him not to count on it 100%.
    3Dani75

Answer by 3Dani75 at 6:02 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• When I had my tubal pregnancy, I didn't know I was even pregnant and I didn't feel like I actually lost a baby because I had not known.

Then recently I found out I was pregnant and we were happy but at around 7 weeks I had a miscarriage and I was bummed but its something that happens.. I don't normally really feel pregnant until I see the baby on an ultra sound or feel the baby move.. I guess it is just me.. but miscarriages happen more then we actually know..

So I can totally understand your feelings about not really being sad about the miscarriage cause as far as you were concerned you were not going to be having any more babies.
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 8:10 PM on Jun. 9, 2009