Is it just my son?

Or does EVERY little two year old boy gravitate to mud puddles? It's been crazy rainy around here lately, so there are huge puddles everywhere in my yard. We go out and play when we can, and of course, darling little boy of mine bee-lines it to the water and is soaked in a matter of seconds. Even though he knows he has to come right back in after he does it. Sometimes he tests me and puts the toes of his boots in the edge of the water to see if i'm paying attention and when i say "Get your feet out of the water!!!" he runs straight through the puddle....Grrrrr....

At least it wears him out so he takes a good 3 hour nap! :D

MommaTurbo

Asked by MommaTurbo at 5:40 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my oldest son would but my 1 year dont know he really dont go out kids all ways like to play in the mud
    Anonymous

• lol my son loves the rain and the mud. he tries to eat it, though. i dont mind him playing in the mud really...hes a kid and thats what they do. when he goes to eat it though, i give him a warning and then take him in if he does it again. boys will be boys....its not a big deal to play in the mud.
    kelsey.evans08

Answer by kelsey.evans08 at 5:44 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• nope.. my daughter does it too! Somthing about that water... she starts by jumping in it, then the hands go in and next thing you know she's plopped her butt down and acts like it's a bath! Tries to wash her hair and EVERYTHING!!!! She just turned 19 month and these puddles don't even wear her out!!! NOTHING wears her out... :( She will go from 7 am to 1 am if I let her
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:45 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• LOL! At least i'm not the only one! I really dont mind him playing in the water, but it's not exactly warm outside and i dont want him freezing either! And it's ruining his boots too.
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 5:47 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• my old yard would turn into a pond everytime it rained and like ur lo my did the samething except my dog would join her...lol
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 10:19 PM on Jun. 9, 2009