For ppl with IUD's

Did it hurt getting put in? Which one do you have? Did you have complications? Did it hurt coming out? Do you have to have a dr take it out? How long afterwards did you get prego?

kcriswell

Asked by kcriswell at 5:42 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I had a Mirena IUD, and it didn't really hurt going in or coming out. Just kind of uncomfortable pinching. I didn't have complications. Just really irregular periods when it was in. I had it in for just about 2 years. Yes, a doctor has to take it out. When i had mine out, i had one regular cycle then got pregnant. I had it taken out in November and was pregnant by January.
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 5:45 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Yes it hurt going in..like a very long cramp with pressure....i had the mirena..it SUCKED ASS!! excuse my french..i hated it more than ANYTHING! it was easier coming out than going in..my SO took it out...didnt even feel it..my cycle went right back to being like clock work two weeks after i took it out...
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 5:46 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• My Mirena IUD hurt BAD when going in. The dr. couldn't get the damn thing in there.....so it was PAINFUL and took about 45 mins. My boyfriend took mine out, also. It took 5 mins tops and came right out, not blood, cramping, nothing. I didn't bleed while I was on it, but I spotted a couple times. Nothing a pantiliner couldn't take care of. I had it put in November 08' and took it out on Friday. I started to bleed yesterday, wasn't sure if it was a period, but today I'm saying it is. GOod luck with whatever you decide!
    tytysgirl

Answer by tytysgirl at 8:11 PM on Jun. 10, 2009